Monday, September 23, 2019

Autumn Blessings to you

Hello~

The changing of the seasons has always been close to my heart.  God made the seasons, each for it's own reason. Our bodies naturally live with that..even though we may not be aware of it.

Through the years and learning more about the seasons, agriculture, the Church and the seasons and my own experience of "nesting" each Fall, I have come to love the change.  Except Spring.  Yes I love the flowers and I love the colors and Easter especially, but after a long, cold, icy winter when Spring arrives in late March I am ready for flowers and green.  This doesn't usually happen until May.

So, I struggle with Spring. I guess it is a sort of impatience. I often struggle with that. God's timing not Dee's is my frequent phrase.

So today I decorated just a bit, changed my pillow covers on the couch (which I learned from a very easy tutorial on You Tube. Each took about 30 min. No zippers, no buttons. Love it!) changed my rug by my front door and still need to change my wreath.  Ooops.

I don't do the whole house now.  With just Mr. P and I and we live in the country, it's just enough to lift my spirits and show a change of seasons within our home too.

Sometimes I add God's naturally decorations which I love the most!

Tonight for dinner we had a pot roast, roasted potatoes and carrots, green beans and a very yummy Apple Crisp that is gluten free, and no refined sugar ( I use maple syrup). We actually had the Apple Crisp for an afternoon snack while we waited for dinner to cook.

I wish you Fall Blessings and may God provide you with decorations in your area to enjoy.

Homemade Apple Crisp and tea to welcome Fall.


No comments: