Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's day thoughts

Husband set up my tea tray for when I woke up. The tea pot we bought when we lived in Okinawa, and the tea cup is one he got from the Notre Dame hotel in Jerusalem.

 Hello Ladies,

There was a time when exchanging a Valentine's was a sign of the desire to court you. The young man would find some way to leave you a little note and it would be a big deal.  Later, men would bring flowers and candy or small gifts. Sometimes the ladies would choose to do the same as a sort of "you are my love" sign.

I woke this morning to my favorites, carnations, in various jars my husband found and he placed them at each place where I sit or work through the day.  

Here is what I did with the buds that broke off or fell off when he was working with them. 


Watching some of my favorite You Tube videos for my Monday House Blessing inspiration, I ran across Denise at This and That with Denise. She talked today about the 50's housewife and what "she would do" when her husband came home. What I loved, was that Denise says she picks out a few and does these for her husband on Valentine's day or on special days of the year. NOT daily (smiling here). 

I hope you can click on it to read it. Some of it's fun and thoughtful.


I plan on doing a couple of them just to let him know today is different. 

It is my hope that each of us is able to take some time today to reflect on the Love that God has for you. The cross. And maybe take a few minutes to read something from The Greatest Love Story Ever Told (the Bible).

Have a lovely day,
Dee


1 comment:

Janine said...

That is so sweet about the carnations! My mom and I love carnations, though they don't have the same lovely smell that they did when I was a child. I love your picture with the flowers and the view from your window.