Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Happy Eastertide! & little events at home



image from Graphics Fairy

Hello Ladies, 

I wanted to wish you a Happy Eastertide. This is the 7 days following Easter. So much fun. 

This is just a little note to share what we are up to lately. We are currently getting our roof replaced with a metal roof. 

Many folks here in Colorado have a metal roof and it has become a necessity for us. The ice forms on the north side of the house and creates an ice dam. This happens when we get snow, then a few warm days. 

Enough warmth to start to melt it from the roof but not quite since it never gets above 30 in the winter. The new roof will be metal and the sun warms the metal and snow goes "swoooosh" right off the roof. 

I am preparing the house for guests to arrive this Friday. As Lydia at Home Living calls them, "descendants". I just love that! They will be here for 3 days so we are planning a couple day trips to show them the mountains and area near us. 

Also a family get-together is planned for after church. I just love those. Everyone brings something tasty to go with a meat dish we make. 

Decluttering is on my mind a lot lately. I think Spring does this to most ladies. We get the urge to declutter and re-arrange. It's called "nesting". {big smile here}. I love nesting time. 

To clean out, wipe down and re-arrange. Sometimes new couch pillows too, but I've made some in recent past and I just change the fabric. They are very easy to make. No snaps, zippers or ties. It's like an envelop. 

My daily rest time is a highlight for me. A time to just rest, and I like to thank the Lord for the work I've been able to do and ask Him to guide me in the rest of the day and bless my efforts. 

I'm off to do an errand. There is a metal recycle place near us and there is a few things we "cleaned up" outside for our Spring cleaning around the property. 

I don't like to throw out anything that will not break down, so metal goes to the metal recycle and glass and plastics go to our recycle center. 

I was raised this way and think I've talked about it here on the blog before. 

Anyways, I'm off so I can get back in time for afternoon tea and a snack. 

Blessings, 
Mrs. Peterson

No comments: