Saturday, August 18, 2007

Our new rugs

I've always dreamed of having braided rugs and now I do. The one I chose for the dining room is unique, like me . It is braided but made from fabric and it is called Thimbelberries Keepsake. Some of you may be familiar with Thimbelberries fabric for quiliting. The company has authorized a well known braided rug company to use her fabric and make these rugs. I love it! I was worried about the fabric under the dining table, dogs, walking on it etc. But I thought you know, I love it, it's going to get well used, we don't typically spill major things onto the floor and the clincher was that my grandmother made several runners with the fabric from leftover clothes, etc. So why wouldn't a quality rug made a fabric not stand the test of time? I still have those runners and use them upstairs.


This is the one for the living room. We chose the burgandy and tan as a more traditional color and pattern so this one would withstand the dogs. Yep, you are looking at one happy girl sitting on the rug! She does not like the wooded floors and as I write this her and Koda are growling and wrestling on the rug.

God's peace~

No comments: