Hello Ladies,
Recently on a low energy day, I was struggling with the process of growing into accepting that we have less energy as we get older and that I can't multitask like I used to.
For me, I am learning I need to plan out my week a bit better and not have 2 large days of appointments and errands back to back. Some ladies can, but that's not me.
That is my acceptance journey. Not to compare. I was told by a friend once "the moment you compare yourself to someone else, you have failed. My journey and my life is not there's, but in comparing I put myself in a failure frame of mind."
The day before this outing I was trying to volunteer setting up for church, this was my first time. Usually I'm in the entrance. As a Deacon's wife people like to visit and check in to share how there family is.
Since I was doing something else, people got offended that I was seemingly not interested in them. One lady got upset I wasn't giving her a hug and asking about her. Another fellow wanted to share updates of his wife and her illness. I had walked past twice saying "I'll be right back" but I was unable to. And another gal said she needed to talk with me after church and would be outside. She left before I could finish the tasks at hand. It was heartbreaking for me. A friend said "Dee, it's not your gift. Let us take care of this and you visit with the people." That was so helpful.
So this day, my husband said "come on. Get your hiking shoes on and grab a snack we are going for a drive." I wasn't much in a place or mood to argue.
Here are a few pictures:
| Taking a break, on a tiny rock. |
No comments:
Post a Comment