Thursday, June 04, 2020

Baskets, sewing and soapsuds

Hello Ladies~

small market basket

I just finished and mailed this cute little basket. A friend of my husband requested a small one for his side table.

This one is woven with the handle is part of the base, so it is very strong, though the handle is flexible.

The natural color is more of a cream, and I chose to stain it in Golden Oak. I like the way the color turned out. It looks antique.

I am going to be doing a bit of patch work sewing today and some repairs of tiny holes in favorites. Like a pale pink of warm, soft socks I love but have worn a hole in them from many uses through winters.

There is a booklet I found to teach me how to do this:
A booklet from 1942 I found that explains in detail how to repair clothing so they last just a bit longer.


This sign was next to a store I drove by when I lived in Ohio and drove to an Amish/Mennonite bulk store each week.


A bit of spiritual inspiration before I go. Early in the morning when I am doing my walking in our little make shift gym, I like to listen to the AM station that has many wonderful sermons, hymns, and 2 min inspirational moments.  Many are current, but some are from days long ago.

There is a favorite of mine that comes on and makes me smile. It's called Sunshine on the Soapsuds by Beneath Jones. She always address the homemaker in a way that is uplifting and from her experience. And makes me think.

Todays was about worry.  She shared how she worries about her husband and all his conferences, she worries about how so many people want his time even into the evening, she worries about things she is doing. But noticed her prayer time is general. "Lord, please protect my husband today and bless him."

The question posed: shouldn't our prayer time be full of the details and our worries be more general? Then our minds can be on the Lord more rather than worried about the details of things.

This really meant a lot to me, since I worry in details but pray in general.  Tonight as I kneel by my bed and tomorrow morning in my prayer time I want to practice praying in detail and then letting go of my worries.

Have a lovely afternoon,
Mrs. Peterson

No comments: