Monday, April 03, 2006

Morning prayer time

Hello Ladies~

This morning during my prayer time, the Holy Spirit led me to some interesting verses. They gave me food for thought and I wanted to share to see what you're thoughts are.

"In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised holy Spirit" Eph 1:13

" Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against another; as the Lord has forgive you, so must you also do. And over all these put on love, that is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of Christ control your hearts..."Col 3:12-15

"What ever you do, do from the heart, as for the Lord and not for others" Col 3:23

I love the last one. This has helped me today in looking at what my motives are for doing things. Am I doing them for the Lord...or am I doing them to impress someone else? Hmm...

~Homemakersheart

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

It's always a good thing to remind ourselves of our motives. I heard a quote that says, "Even our best deeds are tainted through with sin." I read your other post and see your dog and mine share the name Molly. Ours is a Golden Retriever.

Zoanna said...

PS Thanks for stopping by my blog.