Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Our gifts

This weekend I had the privledge of being on the team for Kairos Outside. This is a ministry made up of volunteers from all religious backgrounds. The ministry is for families and friends of an incarcerated loved one. The weekend is only for females. Several months ago the main orgainzing team had prayed and assigned "talks" to the women of the team that the Holy Spirit guided them to. I got one and it was titled Accepting God's Forgiveness. I can't post about the topic but I can say, through all the spritual battles and the agony of arguing with God about this topic, He prevailed and I was obedient. In the end, my story has changed a handful of people that heard it. Team and guest.

This morning a friend emailed this prayer about gifts. I don't consider anything I did using my gifts other than not giving up even when I wanted to. God was always there, right by my side. I am grateful for that. Here's the prayer I wanted to share:

MY KING, WHO'S GIVEN ME GIFTS

Lord, I want my life to be a gift to all I know and love. I need You to help me overcome my insecurities and allow You to unwrap the person You created me to be. Show me how to serve others. I want to be a blessing, not a burden. Show me what my gifts are and how to give them away. Forgive me for using the gifts I do know I have to bring glory to myself and not You. Forgive me for spending so much energy trying to impress others instead of trying to bless them with what I have been given by You. Today I want to give You a gift. I want to give You all that I am and all that I have to use for the world You love so much and died for. Thank You for loving me with Your life and giving me the gift of my salvation.
In Jesus' name I pray.
Love,
Your princess, who wants to use her gifts

"God has given gifts to each of you from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you." (1 Pet. 4:10)

No comments: