Thursday, February 14, 2019

Spreading Love


Happy Valentine's Day!

It is such fun to create for Valentine's Day.  


Last week I found those cute little Valentine cards you get,at Walmart, for kids to exchange at school.  I found some with inspirations like "God loves you" and "God thinks you are special".  After adding a few fun stickers to each, I mailed them to our grandkids. 

I had such fun to create them, though I thought it was a bit corny, but they are young.  And truth be told, I would love to get a corny Valentines in the mail.  Just because it brings a smile. So I do what I would like.

I then prepared to send a few other hand written notes and decorated the envelopes with stickers, I love stickers! 

Later, decorating!  It's not elaborate. But it brightens our home and shows a bit of change for this season.  Since it is just my husband and I, and he loves what ever I do to decorate, I find it fun to pull together random things and create.  Each year is different, for the most part.

Lovely pillows add a bit of color for the season.

The seasonal table I use is actually my great-grandparents desk. I have a picture of them in front of it. I think it was their anniversary present.

A seasonal table is something you can decorate with each season, or birthdays, or just have a basket for prayer requests and prayer books.  I originally got the idea from Mrs. Sharp's Traditions book.  The book I have is older than this version, but I imagine this one has the same lovely traditions.  

This is also the day I usually make a valentine for Mr. P.  He sometimes participates in making a card.  He is so patient when I get these ideas to do something fun and different.  Sometimes, I get an eye-roll, but he usually enjoys what ever the plan was. 

Anything that I think would bring a smile to me, that's what I love to do for others.  A way to share the love in my heart. The love that is given to me from my Father in heaven.

"The Greatest Love story ever told."

We will be having roasted chicken with sweet potatoes and broccoli tonight for dinner.  I am planning on using a small table in my foyer for our dinner table and setting up in front of the fire.  Cozy and lovely. 

I am not great at picture taking, but you can get the idea of what I've done this year.  The shelf below Jesus and the string with tiny close pins is there all year long.  At Christmas our manger scene is on my seasonal table and our cards we get in the mail are filled all along the string with clips.  I like to use real leaves in the fall to help decorate as well, and in the summer...it's what ever has come up. Lent everything is bare.  Then Easter I have little things the kids have made through the years that I clip up.  

My placemats on the table are made from last year.  I have 4 Christmas placemats, but only use 2, so the extra 2 got a fun heart stuck to them and they became Valentine placemats.  They need new hearts though.

The centerpiece is a serving tray from the thrift shop, and a little red  glass votive holder. We light a candle each night for dinner to remind us the Christ is the Light of our life.

Lydia over at HomeLiving has wonderful ways to arrange flowers, Though my flowers never turn out like hers,  I still enjoy going to the store and finding something that can be created to a centerpiece.


Happy Valentine's day!  


No comments: