Monday, August 02, 2021

Celebrate our failures

                               My first attempt *ever* at water color flowers.

 "We need to own our failures, celebrate them, share them, and learn from them" ~ Margy Malan from Green Renaissance video "Make Mistakes - Abandon your 'Perfect Life'" Oct 2, 2019 

Celebrate our failures? Most of us want to forget our failures. 

I am learning there is wisdom in my failures. 

How would I know that using a double acting baking soda will make my gluten-free biscuits rise? Guess how I know. Because I have used regular baking soda that wasn't fresh. Ooops. 

 I have longed to start a project and make it "just so" when I start. Then failure to meet my vision sets me back. 

 Ms. Margy teaches me a new perspective. Celebrate it! Woo hoo! It didn't turn out, now...what did I learn from that...and go forward. 

 Don't stew in it. Don't give up. It's in the trying again that we succeed just a little bit better than last time. 

 There is an old saying from when we lived in Okinawa many moons ago...7 times fall down, 8 times get up. 

 Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Hi, Dee, and thank you for your visit to my blog, Leaving a Legacy. Your visit to me enabled me to find YOU. You are so right, we tend to not want to talk about our failures, but as long as we learn from them, they really aren't failures, are they? They actually serve a purpose!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Patti