Sunday, October 10, 2021

Laine's Letters and her tips for paying off your home early

I can't recall where I found this, if you know please let me know so I can give credit.

Dear Sisters,

I am popping in to share a link for those who remember Laine, or her Letters that were just full of great ideas:

Home Economics: Fifty Ways We Paid off Our House on One Income (archive.org)

I searched and searched and found the article on WayBackMachine.org. There are many great blogs that through the years have been removed or deleted. 

BUT!! Some ladies have copies somewhere tucked away and you can post them here to share. 

I don't know much about it, or how to fiddle around with it, but I know this website has helped me find the old original Fascinating Womanhood posts from Helen Andelin and Laine's Letters. 

There are some old blogs that are near and dear, and before this current time of so many things on the internet that you have to wade your way through what Google wants you to see, or any of the other search engines. 

I hope you are blessed by this post and find that her tips can help. I wish I could recall if there was a book printed with her Letters, but I can't remember. 

Have a lovely Sunday afternoon.

Peace be with you,

Dee

5 comments:

Mama to 12, so far said...

Thank you! I always loved reading her letters and such. What other gems have you found? I remember the old blogs which were a bit more personal and informative and really encouraging while raising my older children.

Jo said...

FYI, some places to find some of Laine's Letters online:

https://thebluebirdsarenestingonthefarm.blogspot.com/search?q=Laine's+Letters
(This has some newer letters!!!)

https://laineslettersrevisited.blogspot.com/

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/search/label/Laine's Letters

https://lainesletters.blogspot.com/

AAC14 said...

Thank you for posting this! I loved Laine's Letters...so much godly wisdom. I miss Laine's presence on the 'net.

Homemaker's Heart said...

I agree Joyful Mama, that the older blogs were more personal. Today it seems like many folks all talk about the same thing. I do miss some of the older gems. The Legacy of Home is another good one, she still writes there as well.

Homemaker's Heart said...

AAC14, I do to. God rest her soul! She was a blessing to all of us.