Thursday, September 07, 2006

Labor Day



We went on a family outing for Labor Day to Westville. It is a town that there motto is "Everyday is 1850 here." The workers live in a nearby town and come to "work" everday, kids are there if there is no school or they are homeschooled.

There I met Ms. Jeanette. She took the time to teach me how to repair my Grandmother's handwoven rugs (by hand since I don't have the loom). It was so fascinating. She offered to teach me more if I come back some day. I can volunteer and just "hang out" and learn. How fun!! My husband was so excited for me he is trying to figure out how I could come up there often, it's an hour away :-(

Check out the loom. It is real, it works and is all handmade. Ms Jeaneatte says she can make one set of curtains in one day. Wow! Can you imagine today with all the "things" we squish in our days trying to handmake things for our home and family. No wonder there was less stress then. We do to much busy stuff and not enough time with a gift the Lord has given us, Family time.

~Dee

1 comment:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

What a blessing! I know all too often I try to cram as much as possible in my day. After all, there is so much to do and so little time in which to do it in. Then I hear that still, small, voice...Martha, Martha (or Cindy, Cindy.....) And I know it is time to stop and do what is really important....