Monday, February 26, 2007

St. There'se's prayer

Over the past 24 hours I have come across several stories or references to Saint There'se, The Little Flower. I figured God was trying to show me something and I just wasn't gettin' it. So He was a bit more forward about it last night. I was on several blogs last night, just trying to gain some spiritual inspiration as a Catholic homemaker. Several different ones had St. There'sa's prayer posted and I thought, Ok I'll pray it for posterity!



St Thérèse's Rose Prayer Novena

O LittleThérèse of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love. O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands ….. (Mention specific requests) St. Thérèse, help me to always believe as you did, in God’s great love for me, so that I might imitate your “Little Way” each day. Amen

I prayed for Saint There'se to help me see if God wants us to buy a house in the town we are moving to in a couple of months. We drove up last week and it has left me anxious. We had come down to discussing renting versus buying and that made me even more in turmoil because rentals are normally in not so great a shape. My mind has been obsessed with this whole move, husband's retirement from active duty, the call God has spoken to each of us that he is to go to college at this particular school (more on that later.), and finding a home. The home to me is the foundation of the family, not to mention where I spend most of my time. So finding the right one is important, so is staying within our means. We had prayed all week, prayed on the 15hr drive home, and pray each night for direction.

A friend said maybe God hasn't shown you the house yet because it hasn't come available. Those were words of wisdom coming from God, I'm sure of it. Chris and I were able to widen our focus and let go a little.

Well, I got wrapped up again. Until I prayed the above prayer. I prayed for St. There'se to show me a white rose if we are to rent and a red rose if we are to buy. Within minutes, MINUTES I got my first answer. A beautiful red rose that was on a blog. My feelings were shocked and in awe. Then I thought "oh that was just chance, she needs more time than that surely!"

This morning I was reading more in a bible study I'm doing called Women of Grace. There were references to the Catechism, and I thought if I'm trying to learn more about God's call for women then I better go get the darn book and read some more on what the auther was speaking of. I opened the book and there before my eyes was a flattened, dried RED ROSE! Praise God for saints!

I have thanked St. There'se many times, though I don't normally pray for the intercession of a saint, I will consider it again after this.


May God grant you peace today. And if you are in turmoil and can't deciphor God's Will for you, I would encourage you to ask for Saint There'se's intercession.

No comments: