Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Aren't they silly!

My family celebrates father's day with a big breakfast and the day doing what Dad wants to do. This morning we had homemade rolls (Thanks Farmgirlcyn! http://cindy50.blogspot.com/) and gravey from scratch, eggs and bacon. Then he went down to the neighbors to finish some work on a pair of Adirondak chairs they are building for us. Later church and now we just had a great big lunch. Grilled steaks, with grilled sweet potato chips and seasoned green beans. This afternoon is going to be a lazy time, he is putting the final coat of sealant on our chairs and we may head over to a friends house for a bit.


I would like to wish my husband a Happy Father's Day. He has always been the sound balanced one when things get rocky in our home. {How does he stay so calm?!} He is the man who has set a steadfast example to my 2 step-daughters of what a man should be like, and always shown them how much he loves them even when they've not been very angelic. I am so grateful to see their relationship with him grow through the years. I love you Chris! May God grant you many years of blessings.


No comments: