Saturday, June 16, 2007

Homemade Meatballs


This is such an easy recipe, and everyone loves the flavor. The one item that gives it the "ohh this is so tastey" comment is the Fire Roasted Tomatoes by Muir Glenn.


Meatballs with Fireroasted Tomatoes

1 lb. grd beef or turkey

2 T. Ketchup

1/2 c. breadcrumbs (I nix these)

1/2 sml. onion - finely chopped

1 carrot - finely chopped

1//4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

2 c. Tomato chunks (fireroasted is preferred for flavor)


Mix, make 1 1/2" meatballs. Place meatballs on baking sheet, top with 2 C. Tomato chunks. Bake 350 for 40 min uncovered. The last 10 min pour 1 c. tomato sauce over to keep moist. Serve over pasta.


We had Italian greenbeans with oil and salt and pepper as a vegi. This is one even I can't screw up, LOL! Let me know if you try it.
PS In the picture above you'll see I cheated. I cooked the meatballs in my cast iron and heated the tomatoes in a pan and poured over. Ran a little behind and had to get dinner on pronto!
I love my cast irons!
God's peace

No comments: