Tuesday, June 25, 2019

My Word this year

Image result for My One word
You will love the stories of this Pastor.  Humor is one of his gifts!
http://myoneword.org


A couple years ago I had heard of having a "word" for the year.  Being the curious type, I asked about it and the ladies group I was with explained: It's a word you choose, after prayer and discerning, that will be your guide this year.  The belief is that God will use your word to change you or teach you in the ways that will help you grow closer to Him.

The "word" I have had the past few years were: Balance, Trust and this year is Serenity.

Choosing Serenity, I had my plans of how I hoped God would build Serenity in my life.  Well, He has had other plans.

I have been keeping my eyes open for all the different ways God speaks to me about peace or serenity. It can happen while on the internet, while reading Scripture, the radio, even the local newspaper.

Here is how Serenity is showing up for me so far this year:

*Keeping serenity in my heart while doing my housework, rather than trying to race or beat the clock.
*Letting my grown adult kids make choices I don't agree with, trusting God will guide their life as He has done mine.
*Looking at my heart and my desires that I believe God guides me, and letting others opinions roll off my back.
*Leaving a few minutes earlier and arriving with time to spare.
*Looking around my home and my life at that things that weigh me down or cause guilt. Outa here!

I am a weak woman who gets distracted.  I always want what I want, NOW.  This year is about keeping my Serenity and asking God to handle that which is not mine.

Along with trusting Him, He has a much better outcome than I can even imagine. I see Him building on my "word" from last year.  Trusting Him.  It's hard. I want things done, I have a plan. He has His.

Lord, keeping me centered and filled with Serenity.

Sounds like my "word" next year might be Humility.

Peace be with you and may you have a lovely day,
Mrs. Peterson



No comments: