Friday, July 06, 2007

Boxes Boxes everywhere

We're up to our eyeballs in boxes. The movers drove up on our little street and for the next few hours Chris and I were running in and out and up and down. We got a good leg workout. I've never had a home with a basement, nor have I had to go up and down stairs so much so I was one tuckered out wife.



The moving truck (no all of our stuff did not fill it only 1/2), and the helpers car. My husband is making another run inside to direct boxes.


The "hired" help. She checked off the number as they came off the truck.


She worked so hard we had to take a break, LOL.


These are the beautful Adirondak chairs that my talented husband and neighbor made for our porch. The front is embossed with the Marine Corps emblem.


Oooh, our first snag. They sure didn't make these kitchens to fit today's appliances. That's ok, it seems I might get custom cabinets out of this deal. It's not a top priority on my dear husband's list, but that's ok with me. Downsize Dee, Keep It Simple. Or as Ghandi says "Live simply so that others may simply live."



This was the next day, but I got such a kick out of the way she was inching down the stairs. It took her several minutes, step by step, but she did it. She has been such a great help.


2 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I am SO excited for you all! As difficult as moving is, you know this is the will of God, and are moving in it!!! I love the photos! I, too, am a morning person. By 10pm I am ready to crash and burn. But catch me at 7am, and you have one happy, smilin' mama!

HomemakerAng said...

LOVE THE HOUSE!!! love the porch! Hope you are getting settled in!
xoxox