Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My hobby

One of my hobbies...


Saving turtles.

Here in south GA they come out in abundance this time of year. I always feel bad for them because they are so slow and people are vicious. So I like to help them along. I've saved 2 this week. They always are going towards water (there's a river behind those trees). The biggest one I've saved was last year. He was walking in the gutter of a major intersection trying to get up the curb. If you put your arms in a circle, he was almost that big.


~Homemakersheart

5 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

BE CAREFUL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD LIKE THAT!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

You are a brave gal, Dee, to pick up and move a turtle that big!!! We have geese and ducks crossing the road with their little ones on a regular basis. So darn cute to see them waddling after their mama!

HomemakerAng said...

yes dee, I have seen farm girl cyn speed up her van to run em down!

HomemakerAng said...

JUST Kidding!!!!

Homemaker's Heart said...

You both are to much!