Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Me, about 2 yo.
Where did all the blonde go? Oh yeah, I still call it blonde even if the lady at the DMV laughs at me!

I just can't express the gratitude that I feel toward fellow bloggers of mine and my sister's. So many have posted birthday greetings for me, it just tickles my insides!

Yep! Last Thursday was my birthday. We didn't do a whole lot since we had a snow storm that day. The one thing I really wanted was to get a good burger at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. That's it. Kinda simple, but I'm a simple kinda gal. We were able to go up to a Ruby Tuesday's about an hour north of here, and I had a bison burger. And my eyes were bigger than my tummy but boy was it good!! Avocado and the works (minus the bun...can't do buns anymore. I order it with then pick it off as I eat so I have something to hold on to while I eat my burger. I bet that is something you really wanted to know, huh?!)


God made me who I am, warts and all. The family life I had, the place I lived, the choices I've made have all formed me to be the person I am today. Do I regret some, yes, Do I celebrate some, Yes! All of it though has been guided by my Lord. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for Him. I am deeply grateful. Today I try to thank Him for all the years past, and look forward to getting to know Him better in the years to come, if that is His will. In the mean time, I am stirring up my creativity in today, This Day! Thank you God for my life!

And I would like to thank you for the birthday greetings, and poking me in the side to check my blog. I never dreamed. I wish I could give hugs back. Thank you for making my birthday grand!

God's peace be with you,
Dee

No comments: